Find a Suitable Property
We can provide advice on finding the right property in the most advantageous area. We have an unrivalled knowledge of the local area and a wealth of experience in knowing the types of property that maximise letting potential.
Once you have purchased your ideal property, there are a number of legal requirements and recommendations to consider, such as;
- Landlord Insurance
- Professional property inventories
- Energy performance certificates (EPC)
- Gas certificates
- Portable appliance tests (PAT)
Appoint a Lettings Agent
The vast majority of landlords, particularly first time landlords, instruct a dedicated and qualified letting agent. This cuts out all of the necessary awkwardness of having to deal directly with viewings and negotiating with potential tenants. Ensure your lettings agent has the relevant qualifications and are members of the Ombudsman Scheme.
Pick a Property Management Service
It is important to consider what level of management you would like, since there are various management options available to landlords, depending on your experience and the size of your property portfolio.
Find a Tenant
Depending on the level of service you have selected from your lettings agent will determine whether they find a tenant on your behalf. Many landlords prefer to hand over the responsibility for finding a tenant to their letting agent since they will be able to do this efficiently and will able to negotiate the most amount of money for your property.
If you select the fully managed service, Gilbert & Cleveland will:
- Market your property to thousands of potential tenants looking for property to rent in the area through property portals as well as advertising in the local paper
- Manage and conduct viewings
- Negotiate with tenants on your behalf and try to secure the best rental price of the property
- Provide you with advice and guidance on lettings legislation and your legal requirements as a landlord
If you would like to find out more or to see properties for sale that would make good buy-to-let investments please call us on 01243 532626 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
I would like to say a massive thank you for being so supportive and reliable. Thank you again for all of your time and support.
I was away from West Sussex and you dealt with all visits and kept everything moving.