Pink Pub to Pegasus Bridge

Today is not just the 75th anniversary of D-Day, it also marks the completion of a charity bike ride aiming to support Armed Forces veterans and Gilbert & Cleveland are proud sponsors.

Today, the 6th of June 2019, marks the anniversary of D-Day. On this day 75 years ago, thousands of Allied troops arrived on the coast of France and began a campaign that would see them successfully liberate Europe from German occupation, turning the tables on the enemy and changing the course of World War ll.

Today also marks the completion of a charity bike ride that we, as a company, are proud to be sponsoring. A 24-strong group of cyclists, each dressed in Home Guard uniform, set off from ‘The Pink Pub’ (The Royal Oak) in Bognor Regis on Monday the 3rd of June headed for Pegasus Bridge in Normandy, France. Their mission is to celebrate veterans from all of the Armed Forces, raising both awareness and support for these real life heroes.

90% of the money raised from the ride will be donated to All Call Signs (ACS), a charity that provides support via peer-to-peer interaction for those within the military community who are struggling, with the remaining 10% going to an international charity that helps children in crisis, predominantly through fundraising events within the electronic music industry, called Last Night a DJ Saved My Life (LNaDJ).

This coming together of the community for a united cause, not only for the benefit of people here in the UK but also overseas, captures the very spirit of the camaraderie those brave men and women would have felt 75 years ago.

The Pink Pub to Pegasus Bridge ride is an opportunity to remember, respect and give thanks to all of the service men and women who were prepared to make the ultimate sacrifice for the freedom of future generations. We must always remain grateful for the courageous efforts of those within our Armed Forces and never take our liberty for granted.

If you would like to make a donation to these fantastic charities, head to the dedicated Just Giving page using this link: https://www.justgiving.com/campaign/Pink-Pub-To-Pegasus-Bridge

© Gilbert & Cleveland 2020

Zoopla Right Move

Website design by Brightword